Last week, Tactical Life provided coverage of Volquartsen’s newest pistol, the takedown Mamba in .22 LR. Aimed at competition shooters, it provides a significant updgrade over your standard MK IV platform. Now Volquartsen partners with Davidson’s to bring to market the Mini Mamba, the lightest, most compact Mamba yet.
Volquartsen Mini Mamba
The Mini Mamba weighs in at a mere 1 pound, 9 ounces Measuring just under 8 inches overall, it’s remarkably compact and nimble.
“Our relationship with Davidson’s goes back nearly three decades, so it’s always gratifying to be able to collaborate with them on an exclusive addition to their product line up,” said Volquartsen President Scott Volquartsen.
Like its bigger brother, Volquartsen bills the Mini Mamba as competition ready in a push-button takedown configuration. It combines features from the company’s Scorpion 22 LR Target Pistol with the push-button takedown function from the Ruger MK IV frame.
The Mini Mamba sports a 3-inch LLV-4 Competition Upper. It features a stainless steel barrel, including a stainless steel, laser-hardened breech. The system comes housed in an aluminum shroud. The design provides match-grade accuracy in a lightweight package, according to Volquartsen. An integral Picatinny top rail comes standard.
The Mini Mamba retails for $1,464. For even more info, please visit galleryofguns.com.
Volquartsen Mini Mamba Features
- A ½ x 28 threaded stainless steel 3-inch barrel with stainless steel laser-hardened breech within a type III hard anodized aluminum shroud
- Volquartsen Accurizing Kit for a 2.25-pound trigger pull
- DLC coated Volquartsen Competition Bolt
- Volquartsen Thread Protector
- Utilizes the Volquartsen 3-inch LLV-4 Upper
- Available with a Ruger MK IV 22/45 frame for push-button takedown capability
Mini Mamba Specs
- Type: Semi-auto
- Caliber: .22 LR
- Finish: Black Anodized
- Action: Single Action
- Stock: Black Hogue Grips
- Sight: Fiber-optic rear, adjustable target
- Barrel Length: 3 inches
- Overall Length: 7.87 inches
- Overall Weight: 24.96 ounces
- Capacity: 10+1
- Receiver: Black Anodized
- Muzzle: 1/2×28
- MSRP: $1,464